Sunday, May 25, 2008

Turning 50 and the Hostage Hammer plus the mourning of a GREAT Bag

What do these have to do with each other you may ask.....I don't know, nothing really, it's just the subject of this post.
Exactly a month from today I will be 50. Yep, the big 5 0. I'm cool with it, but I'm wondering just how I'm supposed to be acting. You'll be the first to know when I figure it out......just don't hold your breath or anything....hehe
So let's get on with the juicy stuff....
A few weeks ago I participated in a local artsy thing where artists went to different Rec and Senior Centers and gave some little classes on our chosen medium. Since my class was with teenage art students and they chose jewelry making in the questionaire, I decided we could do some basic wire and metal stuff. Then it came to me.....ChainMaille!! I'll teach 'em with copper wire to make jump rings and then teach them a pattern called "Idiots Delight" especially since the pattern can be made with one size of ring. It was taught to me in one of my very first jewelry classes at the school.
I was very excited the day of my class, it is 7 hrs with a lunch break and such, which is perfect cause ChainMaille will keep 'em busy and challenged the whole 7 hrs.
I failed to question where this center is since I don't drive and one of the other artists was picking me up and taking me there. I packed my tools and the instruction sheets in my FABULOUS Mudd?? bag and I felt like a "Real Instructor/Teacher" ya know, it's kindof' a rush, a power thing.....haha I know, it's a Rec Center class for God's sake, but let me have my little fantasy, cause real life is gonna come along and smack me in the butt real soon, yep, literally.....
This class was not in one of the more "Savory" centers here in El Paso, but hey, I'm not judgemental, and I happen to love some of the more artistic graffiti on the buildings and underpasses down there. Down there is a 10 minute walk to the bridge into Juarez,Mexico. You guys hearing about what's been going on here??? Terrifying....Bad enough that if Charlie knew that's where this was going on, he probably would have "suggested" I pass this time around....Of course we all know, he doesn't tell me what to do, but he's allowed his suggestions, in the end though, the decision is all mine.....well, you must know me well enough by now, that you're gonna have to come back and find out what happened cause I'm sleepy and I'm just a born tease......nighty night friends

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home